Visa Information

· Conference participants may need a Chinese visa to enter China. Specifically, those who are not Chinese citizens, except passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, need a Chinese visa. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as soon as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 1 month in advance.

· For your visa application you will need an Invitation Letter from the conference registration desk. Please contact conference assistant .

· Make sure to provide as much information as possible to avoid delays in receiving your letter (we need complete name, mailing address, and any other details that your country of residence requires for your visa application, see more information:

· You must register for the conference before requesting an invitation letter, (Registration Link:

· Please note that no registration refunds will be given to those who have received Invitation Letters.

Necessary materials to apply for Chinese Visa

· A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa

· One Visa Application Form of the People's Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant

· One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted)

· Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer

For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country. Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China and obtain a tourist visa irrespective of whether or not they have registered with the Conference Secretariat.

Types of a Chinese Visa

Chinese visas fall into four types: diplomatic visa, courtesy visa, service visa and ordinary visa. Ordinary visa is further divided into the following 8 categories each marked with a letter:

Tourist and Family Visit Visa (L-visa)

issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for tourist purpose, family visit or other personal affairs.

Business Visa (F-visa)

issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice for a period of less than 6 months.

Student Visa (X-visa)

issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for the purpose of study or advanced study for a period of six or more months.

Work Visa (Z-visa)

issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China to work and his or her accompanying family members, or to give commercial performances in China.

Transit Visa (G-visa)

issued to a foreign citizen who is to transit through China on his or her way to a third country (or region).

Crew Visa (C-visa)

issued to crew member performing his/her duties on board an international train, or on an international airline, to a sailor on board an international ocean-liner or freighter, and also to their accompanying family members.

Journalist Visa (J-visa)

issued to foreign journalists. J-visa has two categories: J-1 visa and J-2 visa. J-1 visa is issued to resident foreign journalists in China and their accompanying spouses and under-age children, J-2 visa to foreign journalists who visit China for temporary news coverage.

Permanent Residence Visa (D-visa)

issued to a foreign citizen who has been approved by China’s public security authority to reside in China permanently.

Period of validity of a visa

The period of validity of a visa refers to the period of validity of the visa itself. The holder of a visa is eligible to enter China at any time prior to the expiry of its period of validity (allowed to enter China even before the 24th hour of the last date of its period of validity), so long as the entries granted on the visa have not been used up. A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance. The visa automatically becomes invalid once its period of validity expires regardless of whether its entries are used up or not.

Chinese embassies and consulates general do not extend the period of validity of an issued visa. Holder of an issued visa should apply for a new visa if he or she intends to visit China after the expiry of the issued visa. Foreigners holding an expired visa shall be refused entry into China. Make sure the visa is valid before you set off for China.

Number of Entry of a Visa

The number of entry on a visa refers to the number of times the visa holder is permitted to enter China within the visa’s period of validity. When the entries are all used up, the visa is not valid any more. Even if there are still unused entries, the visa is not valid either if its period of validity has already expired. In either case, the visa holder should apply for a new visa if he or she intends to visit China again. You shall be refused entry into China if you hold a visa with entries already used up.

Duration of a Visa

Duration of stay of a visa refers to the longest period the visa holder is allowed to stay in China from the date of entry into China on each visit. After entry into China, a foreign citizen who needs to stay in China longer than the duration of stay on the visa must apply for an extension of stay at a local public security bureau before the expiry of the duration of stay on the visa. This does not necessarily mean your application for the extension of stay will for certain be approved. The applicant shall bear any consequences arising wherefrom. Overstay in China violates the laws and regulations of China on control of the entry and exit of foreigners, and could be fined or punished with other penalties.

Places to Apply and Extend Your Visas in Hangzhou

1) Division of Exit-Entry Administration of Hangzhou Public Security Bureau (杭州市公安局出入境管理处) Add: No. 35 Huaguang Road (华光路35号) Tel: 86-571-87280561/0539

2) Visa4China Add: 26/F, Room 2601, Universal Mansion, No.168 Yuyuan Road, Shanghai (上海市愚园路168号环球大厦2601室) Tel: 86-21-51028050

3) Hangzhou PLUS Visa Service Add: Room 2302, Unit 1, Building 2, Phoenix City, No.41 Qianjiang Road (上城区钱江路41号凤凰城2号楼1单元2302室) Tel: 86-571-86074967

More Information: